Something for the Weekend
Today is 'Celebration of Life Day' which honors the children and grandchildren who bring joy to our lives. The day is a reminder that each child and each life is to be held as a precious gift with the highest respect and dignity!
We thought we'd give you a couple of ideas to help fill up your weekend, connecting with grandparents and celebrating life. See the video below!
Collect your family stories into one place! You could make a scrapbook, a podcast, a film, or even write a family saga? What about a newspaper or a website the all your family can contribute too. Take some time to think of some questions there are some great ones here then go about collecting the stories and creating something special with them.
Connect with other people and watch something together with Teleparty. Teleparty synchronizes video playback and adds group chat to Netflix, Disney, Hulu and HBO (you all have to have an account).
Why not take a tip from our student and bake some of Jamie Oliver's Apple Crumble Cookies! Why not challenge your grandparents to a bake-off, or ask them to teach you their favourite recipe. You could even try making Homemade Lemonade, just don't use coconut sugar like I did or it will look like cola!
Well, you could keep these to yourself! Make them in the morning and you can use one in the evening! Find the recipe on our Instagram!
Tomorrow is National Handwriting Day in the US. Why not join in and write a letter to someone that you are missing. Another idea would be to write yourself a Self Care Story:
- Take something that is on your mind and write it at the top of the page
- Now create a main character, it can be like you but don't give it your name
- Design side characters and a setting for your story
- Start to write the story, lead up to the problem that you wrote at the top of the page
- Now use your imagination to cause your main character to overcome the problem
- Don't overthink it just write
- Now pick two side characters who are also going to come across this problem
- Write two different ways on how they overcome the issue
- make sure you set at least one in reality (we can't all magic things away!)
- Put your story down for a while
- Read your story back to yourself.
- Read it again but this time, ask yourself are there any paths in it that can help you start overcoming your issue